Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents
What is COSGP?
The Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents (COSGP) was established in 1972 as an official council of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) to serve as the official national representative voting voice of osteopathic medical students. It was previously known as the Council of Student Council Presidents (CSCP).
COSGP’s purpose and goals are:
- To assemble student leaders from each college of osteopathic medicine (COM)
- To collaborate on issues affecting all osteopathic medical students.
- To foster the exchange of ideas, information, and problem-solving affecting individual colleges of osteopathic medicine.
- To effectively communicate and represent the osteopathic medical student perspective to professional and educational organizations including, AACOM, AOA, and other relevant organizations.
- To encourage professional development and leadership among osteopathic medical students.
- To support and promote the principles and pride of osteopathic medicine among osteopathic medical students and the American public.
Visit the COSGP site and learn more about how you can get involved and become a student leader at your school. Contact the SGA President for more information on becoming a member of Student Government at LECOM.COSGP Website