Student National Medical AssociationClass of 2024 Executive Board:
President: Briana Williams
Vice President 1: Desteni Barnes
Vice President 2: Tara Caminade
Secretary: Dara Ayuba
Treasurer: Priya Sharma
SNMA Liaison: Reicelle Garcia
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Nicole Myers
SNMA Chapter of Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – Bradenton
- SNMA is committed to supporting current and future underrepresented minority medical students, addressing the needs of underserved communities, and increasing the number of clinically excellent, culturally competent, and socially conscious physicians.
- SNMA programs are designed to serve the health needs of underserved communities and communities of color. In addition, SNMA is dedicated both to ensuring that medical education and services are culturally sensitive to the needs of diverse populations and to increasing the number of African-American, Latino, and other students of color entering and completing medical school.
- To serve as a credible and accurate source of information relevant to minority issues in the field of medical education.
- To encourage and foster the development of minority faculty in order to increase the presence of minority mentors and biomedical researchers in academic health centers.
- To evaluate and cultivate the necessary measures to eradicate practices in the field of health profession education that compromise the goal of providing quality education to minorities and women.
- The inaugural chapter of LECOM-B SNMA strives to bring SNMA mission and values to our medical school. This club is for any underrepresented minority medical students and allies.
How to Join?
- Nationally: Visit https://snma.org/page/Joinus & pay national dues
- Life: $313.50
- 4-year: $104.70
- 2-year $68.06
- Locally: You can Venmo our treasurer, Priya Sharma @Priya-Sharma-3
- 1-year: $15.00
- Club meetings will be posted on Facebook or SGA calendar
- Contact any of the officers through LECOM email for more information/questions